Welcome To Sheila In The Modern World!


Saturday, April 17, 2010

Y'all, I'm Pro

So, I've been feeling pretty good about the movie and, by extension, myself.

And then I was reminded that it's never a good idea to feel good about myself. By the abrupt and unpleasant realization that I evidently do not know how to use a head-cleaning tape. Someone who I saw vaguely as an authority figure in highschool told me that you should run the whole head-cleaning tape frequently, the whole way through (around 5 minutes) , and then rewind it. And for some reason I never bothered to check and learn that's about the absolute last way that you should use it.

Head-cleaning tapes are very abrasive, so you are actually supposed to run them infrequently, for about 5 seconds, and throw out the tape once you eventually get to the end, which, incidentally is way more intuitive when you actually think about what is happening and how the equipment works.

So, I've been randomly wearing out an important part of my camera, because I can't pay attention to what I'm doing.

Go. Me.

On the bright side, as I maybe(?) mentioned, even though there is still a whole lot left to do, I can now actually see the end of this project in a very tangible, non abstracted, very movie-like kinda way.

No comments:

Post a Comment